Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Electrical Reliability Engineer reports directly to the Refinery's Reliability Manager and provides the necessary support to accomplish the refinery's objectives in the most safe, economical, and technically feasible manner.This position is responsible for providing engineering services to optimize equipment life and plant profitability.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and specify electrical equipment such as motors, breakers, relays, generators, substations, buses, starters, transformers, and other industrial electrical equipment (480V to 12.470KV)
- Assist and direct power distribution system repairs and upgrades as required.
- Develop and assist in implementation PM(s) and repair plans of refinery electrical power distribution systems
- Ensure all work is performed safely and in accordance with all Calumet procedures.
- Champion the reliability efforts in assigned areas of responsibility by providing technical assistance in resolving equipment design, operation, and maintenance problems.
- Analyze equipment histories and make recommendations for reliability improvement and failure elimination.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes and track the implementation of recommendations through resolution.
- Utilize reliability tools such as failure calculations, failure evaluations, and cost and risk analysis to evaluate and prioritize reliability issues.
- Participate in audits to measure the effectiveness of reliability related activities such as equipment repairs, part quality, and failure investigation processes.
- Assist Operations, Product Control, and Maintenance Departments in developing procedures, training, and processes to ensure equipment is operated within its design parameters.
- Conduct life cycle cost analysis on new and critical equipment.
- Review equipment specifications and standards and develop recommendations for reliability improvement.
- Recommend and execute projects and/or studies to support overall plant reliability.
- Develop cost justification for reliability improvement.
- Train on new technologies and methods for maintaining equipment to increase reliability.
- Continue to improve the reliability tools and methods utilized in increasing plant reliability.
- Assist in spare parts review for ensuring equipment maintainability and availability.
- Maintain and update assigned electrical equipment standards and participate in their continual improvement
- Other activities as assigned by the Calumet management team.
- Bachelor's Degree of Science major in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology required.
- 3-5 yrs experience working within a refining, chemical, power distribution, and/or heavy industrial environment
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety standards and Area Electrical Classification standards (NFPA, NEC, and NETA)
- Read, understand & develop drawings including One-Lines, P&IDs, schematics and connection diagrams. Evaluate & select suppliers for specific electrical power distribution and instrumentation applications.
- Flexible and willing to work rotating shifts as needed - including overtime and nights/weekend callouts.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and electronic.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize tasks with minimal direction or oversight.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and very strong troubleshooting capability.
- Proven safety experience/training and leadership regarding oil and gas operations including but not limited to: confined space, lock out tag out, hot work, safe work permits, personal protective equipment, and other critical safety procedures.
- Ability to learn any potential new Engineering processes/systems and equipment quickly.
- Must possess proficient skills in PC Workstation and Windows Office Suite.