Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pleasanton, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currenlty recruiting for experienced Lease Operator in Pleasanton, TX on a 7x7 Rotation. Candidate will be responsible for well operations, gas lifted wells, ESP's, dehys, three phase separation and compressor operations within a Wood client company. The Pump Operator monitors gauges and flow meters and inspects equipment to ensure that tank levels, temperatures,chemical amounts, and pressure are at specified levels, reporting abnormalities as necessary
Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Work schedule: 12 hrs/ day: 7 on / 7 off (rotation typically runs Wed - Tues; 48hrs/36hrs)
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Pump Operator records operating data such as products and quantities pumped, stocks used, gauging results, and operating times.
- The Pump Operator communicates with other workers, using signals, radios, or telephones, to start and stop flows of materials or substances.
- The Pump Operator tends vessels that store substances such as gases, liquids,slurries, or powdered materials, checking levels of substances by using calibrated rods or by reading mercury gauges and tank charts.
- The Pump Operator turns valves and starts pumps to start or regulate flows of substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials.
- The Pump Operator plan movement of products through lines to processing,storage, and shipping units, utilizing knowledge of interconnections and capacities of pipelines, valve manifolds, pumps,and tanager.
- The Pump Operator reads operating schedules or instructions or receives verbal orders, in order to determine amounts to be pumped.
- The Pump Operator cleans, lubricates, and repairs pumps and vessels, using hand tools andequipment.
- The Pump Operator collects and delivers sample solutions for laboratory analysis.
- The Pump Operator connects hoses and pipelines to pumps and vessels prior to material transfer, using hand tools.
- The Pump Operator needs knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- The Pump Operator needs knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- The Pump Operator needs knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- The Pump Operator needs knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips,electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- The Pump Operator needs a good knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- The Pump Operator needs knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Equipment and Lifts to be monitored and maintained:
- Rod pump wells
- GAPL (Gas Assisted Plunger Lift)
- Flowing gas wells
- Glycol Pumps
- Transfer Pumps
- Vapor Recovery units
- Batteries and Satellites (Lact sales and Gas Sales)
- Transfer pumps
- Circulating and treating production fluids
- Dump valve maintenance and replacement
- Chemical pumps
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years direct experience with oil and gas production practices, equipment and terminology
- Valid driver's license
- SCADA software a plus
- Ability to utilize laptop PC and applicable software programs
- Work in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions
- Work in several different geographic locations each day
- Climb heights up to 24 feet to gauge tanks
- Walk, bend, stoop and lift
- Willing to work weekends and be on call
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.