Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Material Characterization Specialist with experience in electron microscopy and microanalysis to join the Technical Services Division of the Research & Development Center (R&DC), which is responsible for providing advanced technical services to help in root causes analysis of operational disruptions, and supporting research and technology teams to develop materials used in the oil and gas sector.
The specialist's primary role is to perform advanced characterization of materials related to Aramco operations and research, helping solve operational and research challenges and providing comprehensive solutions - leading to the development of new technologies.
- Work in teams to perform advanced characterization of materials using electron microscopy and complementary techniques.
- Develop new analytical methods for non-routine tests (especially in situ/in operando) to meet customers' needs.
- Lead projects to carry out investigative studies in matters related to operational challenges in oil and gas business.
- Use project management tools to set work objectives and detail experimental scope, for the timely execution of the projects towards sound technical solutions.
- Liaise with research teams to ensure advanced analytical and scientific support to research and technology development initiatives in Aramco.
- Develop and mentor less-experienced team members.
- Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of ethical values and behavior.
- Masters' degree in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent field, with specialization in Materials Characterization. A PhD is preferred.
- At least five years of hands-on experience in SEM and EDXS.
- Demonstrated track record of conducting research in support of technology development and deployment, and investigating challenges in oil and gas utilizing various analytical techniques in the area of electron microscopy, as evidenced by publications in high-impact journals and patents.
- Strong team-working attitude and experience.
Data not available
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.