Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Summary / Purpose
Golden Pass LNG is an ExxonMobil (30%) and QatarEnergy (70%) joint venture formed in the early 2000s to import liquefied natural gas. In 2019, the shareholders made a $10B final investment decision for The Golden Pass LNG Export Project to construct a world class LNG export facility.
The Talent Management & HR Business Partner will leverage a strong HR foundation and collective experiences to be instrumental in aligning and translating HR and business objectives, fostering a strong performance mindset, and maximizing the talent, capabilities, and contributions of our employees, now and into the future.
Reports to the SR. Director, Human Resources and plays a key role in Talent Management team, providing direct client support to leaders and employees. This position will partner with internal partners and business leadership to identify, develop, and execute solutions in the full spectrum of Human Resources disciplines to promote a culture of high performance, strong engagement, and consistent growth. Key initiatives include those in performance management, employee relations, organizational development, and talent management.
Essential Duties / Functions
- The Talent Management & HR Business Partner is responsible for:
- Active leadership in the strategic attraction, development and retention of our employees and the growth and transformation of the organization.
- Creating strategic partnerships across the organization to deliver value-driven HR services and deliver the strategic priorities and business objectives of the organization.
- Daily application of foundational HR knowledge in talent management, staffing, organizational development, compensation, employee relations, change management, and HR policies.
- Aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units
- Consulting with management and communicating needs proactively with HR and management and integrating solutions across the organization.
- Thought leadership and engagement with the Human Resources team and internal clients to execute and deliver the HR strategy.
- Provide guidance and input on organizational development, business unit restructures, strategic workforce planning, and leadership and employee development succession planning.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations and providing recommendations for resolution.
- Evaluate and continuously enhance the employee experience across multiple components of the employee lifecycle.
Minimum education required of the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or related field.
- Master's degree is a plus
Minimum experience required of the position.
- 5 plus years of direct HR experience in talent management and/or HR Business Partnership.
Required job competencies of the position.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to professionally interact with peers, managers, and executives at all levels of the organization and develop strong relationships
- Solid consulting, coaching, analytical and instructional design skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams). Advanced Excel skills strongly desired.
- Instructional and presentation design skills, including facilitating skills.
- Strong "End User" experience in talent management systems and integration with an HCMS.
- Talent Management
- Business Acumen
- Organization Design
- Influencing and Consulting
- Coaching and Counseling
- Organizational Effectiveness / Change Management
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Work in a face-paced environment with evolving business demands and multiple priorities.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment and labor laws and regulations.
- Build trust and foster effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Integrative, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Conflict management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- SPHR certification preferred.
- Normal office environment with periodic visits to Beaumont office.
- No special physical requirements.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description - may require "other duties as assigned."
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
- Golden Pass LNG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, is building an LNG export facility in Sabine Pass, Texas, with anticipated startup in 2024.
It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve those goals, we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals.
We offer fulfilling career opportunities, and we listen to, train, develop, and reward our employees on their journey of professional growth.