Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting for a Piping Engineer to join our team in Perth. T his is a long-term opportunity to join our expanding Oil and Gas Operations team, due to the recently securing several large projects with existing long term clients, in addition to a new and significant brownfields engineering opportunity being negotiated with a major player in the LNG industry.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation, and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region's most prominent producers located in Western Australia and Northern Territory.
Reporting to the Lead Piping Engineer, you will be working across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, with a focus on design . To be successful in your role, you will have prior Senior engineer level working experience in the Offshore LNG, Oil & Gas sectors within an EPCM engineering and maintenance project environment with both onshore and offshore scope of work engagements.
- Focal point for Piping engineering activities across the project life cycle (Concept, FEED, detailed design) to produce fit for purpose solution
- Produce cost effective Piping engineering reports, documents and deliverables
- Support and mentor junior engineers and designers
- Ensure all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Provide technical assistance to others as required.
At Wood, we look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.
Skills / Qualifications
Only candidates with full work rights for the Australian location will be considered.
Ideally, you will be a qualified engineer with a Mechanical / Structural Engineering degree and have:
- Extensive experience as a Piping Engineer with 5+ years in the Australian O&G sector
- Experience in Offshore site environment and site surveying/scoping
- Prior experience within Brownfield EPCM projects within the Oil & Gas industry is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the client
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Knowledge of Pipe Stress Analysis software
- Familiar wit h Energy Institute Guidelines
- Knowledge of, and experienced in the use of ASME, API, and ISO codes and standards.
What will set you apart will be your extensive experience as a Piping Engineer in the Australian O&G sector.
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you're an experienced Piping Engineer ready for your next project, apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Shortlisting will commence immediately after.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.