Skills: Design Engineer
Other Skills: Solidworks, AutoCad, Downhole tools, Well Intervention tools
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
TEXO Recruitment are delighted to be supporting our external client, a well-established artificial lift services company, with recruitment for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a permanent position based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our client's unique and innovative applications and technologies, delivering game changing solutions for their customers.
The ideal candidate should have at least 7-8 years' experience within precision engineering design roles, with experience at senior levels and comfortable with mentoring and coaching more junior members of the design team. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the engineering principles relating to the product field, with good level of analytical and problem-solving ability.
Purpose of Role:
To perform design, prototype build, testing and field trials in accordance with relevant processes and procedures to ensure all company products meet customer application requirements.
- Contribute to new product development through design, prototype build, testing and field trials
- Comply with company's Engineering Process
- Ensure that all design and testing activities are documented and retained appropriately
- Deliver innovative solutions to engineering challenges, including producing invention memos
- Equipment preparation for field trials, checking and supervision during installation/ retrieval, tear down fault finding
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of existing products to improve functionality, robustness, cost, ease of use and ease of maintenance
- Applications engineering
- Ensure good housekeeping within own work area
- Forklift operations as and when required
- Understand and adhere to the company Integrated Management System
Qualifications / Skills / Experience Required:
- Degree / HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, and significant relevant experience (min. 7-8 years)
- Skilled in Solidworks or similar CAD package, MS Office products to include Word and Excel
- Experience of design and testing within a team environment
- Ability to follow procedures and participate in continuous improvement and able to assist with creation of such procedures
- Able to work on own initiative under minimum supervision and make pragmatic decisions
- Excellent team working, written and verbal communications skills
- Willing to contribute proactively to a team effort
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of engineering downhole equipment is an advantage
- Familiarity with oilfield materials, design practices, etc. is an advantage
- Field experience is an advantage
- Machining ability with relevant experience is an advantage
- GD & T knowledge and understanding is an advantage