Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a Contracts Manager to join our expanding Brisbane Projects Mining & Minerals team. We are currently working on the detailed design of a concentrator on a magnetite project in Uzbekistan, and require a suitably qualified person to join our team on a full time permanent basis, based in the Brisbane CBD.
We can offer you a career in the ever-expanding battery and magnet metals industry driving the decarbonisation of the globe. Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
As the Contracts Manager your main responsibility is to manage the commercial and risk functions within the Project, with the following specific responsibilities;
- Tenders & Proposal: Develop Rates, prices and incentive schemes for inclusion in tenders in accordance with commercial strategy
- Participate in the formulation of a Tender Commercial Strategy
- Contract Terms & Conditions / Legal: Interpret contract terms and conditions in accordance with relevant Contracting Principles/Policies, identify potential onerous obligations and establish mitigation strategy
- Manage the Commercial Section of any T&C (at Contract or Proposal level) - whilst working closely with the Legal Department, the Commercial Manager will have substantial input into finalising terms and conditions, proposing alternative wording, providing other contractual comments and discuss / comment / finalise the strategic commercial framework that drives the tendering and contract design
- Cash Flow: able to interpret information about the relationship between cost and programme, forecasted expenditures of all aspects of project costs to help / assist in the development of an income profile
- Insurance: Review business and contractual risks and liaise with the Head office recover required / offered --- able to develop strategies for dealing with residual risks; ability to liaise with the Head office (or as directed) in relation to our local insurance requirements ie Workers Compensation
- Bonds, Warranties and Guaranties: able to comply with Wood's policy and procedures in relation to Bonds
- CRB process: Application and participation in the CRB process including the preparation and review of the project proposal / tender proposal / tender review details + establishment of approval levels (establishment and implementation of the requirements of the business in relation to putting together a commercial tender and able to manage the process to schedule and present to CRB at sub-regional level and assist in the CRB at regional level
- Negotiate Contract: Establishment/Agreement of parameters, negotiate terms and conditions of contract and contract rates, prices and incentive schemes with Clients and JV partners (All as approved by Management)
Skills / Qualifications
What will set you apart is your previous experience in a similar role working on a large mining project through an engineering company and extensive experience in lump sum contracts. You will also have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Law or Commerce
- High level of commercial and contractual awareness
- Minimum 10 years of commercial experience
- Ability to negotiate mutually beneficial contractual outcomes
- High level of coordination of the set-up and implementation of procedures
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- High order of numeric and communication skills
- Extensive experience and proven track record of having led and managed a client contract function in a service company environment
- Expert knowledge of contract terms, contract principles and drafting and roll out of contracting policies
- Working knowledge of the Company Finance and HR systems
- Awareness of all relevant corporate and project procedures
- Proven track record in contracts review, development and negotiation
- Excellent understanding of Client contract structures, principles and policies
- Contract experience should cover engineering and construction projects in at least one of the power, infrastructure, environmental and/or oil and gas industries, EPC, EPCm, standard contract model forms (including NEC, FIDIC, JCT, LOGIC or regional equivalents) preferably in both onshore and offshore environment
Please note, only applicants holding valid working rights in Australia will be considered. We are looking for Brisbane based candidates. If you plan on relocating, please include a Cover Letter.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an experienced Contracts Manager, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.