Skills: Process Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood is a multi-disciplinary firm of consulting environmental scientists and engineers with offices throughout the United States. Wood's Environmental and Infrastructure division is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer with water and wastewater treatment process design experience to join our Kennesaw, GA office and become an integral member of our team.
Incumbents typically spend most of their time performing project assignments to ensure that projects are completed correctly, within budget and on time. Standard project assignments include conducting complex engineering, scientific assessment and analysis, and/or managing tasks or projects. Incumbents are expected to prepare technical proposals and reports, in whole or in part, depending on the size and complexity of the document, and/or to manage the preparation of the proposals and reports associated with the projects they manage. The incumbent's work may be reviewed by the project manager (if not the incumbent) and/or appropriate more senior-level technical professionals. The incumbent will typically have low- to moderate-level business development and client management responsibilities.
- Performs analyses for specific portions of broader engineering and environmental projects. Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas, particularly in the field of water and wastewater treatment, storage, conveyance, and permitting while also demonstrating technical knowledge and project management skills.
- Responsible for making correct interpretations of findings and recognizes and identifies inconsistent or inappropriate results; knows how and when to apply standard practices and techniques to unusual situations; knows when to consult with more senior-level technical professionals regarding how to resolve a problem, respond to a question, or take an action that is appropriate.
- Directing and performing engineering design for water and wastewater processes including developing process and control strategies and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Motivates, trains, and mentors subordinate staff personnel assigned to his/her tasks or projects.
- Assumes full management responsibility and accountability for managing medium to large tasks or projects under the general direction of appropriate more senior-level technical professional; develops project strategy and scope with more senior personnel; develops realistic budgets and is accountable for them; provides review of project deliverables.
- Manages and communicates results, budget, and schedule information to the client, project manager and appropriate operations management.
- Represents Wood on field assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed.
- Understands, applies, and oversees safety requirements in the field.
ADDITIONAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expected to join at least one professional association.
- Encouraged to develop the ability to prepare technical papers for external publications and to make presentations to professional or client groups.
- Responsible for the identification of new clients and/or developing additional work within an existing project or with an existing client.
- May supervise field activities.
- May have direct staff management responsibilities, including performance management, career development, and mentoring.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- T ypically 8+ years of experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree desirable.
- Significant knowledge and experience providing water and wastewater environmental compliance consulting, including treatment, permitting, and reporting.
- Understanding of various federal and state environmental regulations as they relate to water and wastewater treatment (e.g. NPDES industrial and stormwater, federal categorical standards, Clean Water Act, land application, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with industry specific software (e.g., MSOffice, AutoCAD, and MSProject) required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated task and project management skills.
- Staff management and leadership ability.
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment, initiative, and client relations.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to develop business from new and existing clients.
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Majority of work is completed in office/administrative environment; may involve exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects, including the human body.
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function.
- Must complete employment demonstrating physical ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required.
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- PE certification/registration in related area is required
- M ust pass 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training and annual refresher course, if required.
MACHINES, TOOLS AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED PROVIDED BY FIRM:
- Field tools and equipment, if needed.
- Pickup truck and/or other motor vehicle(s), if needed.
- Office equipment such as photocopy machine and fax machine.
- Personal computer and desktop software (e.g., MSOffice).
- May occasionally require work at remote sites around construction equipment, drilling rigs, explosives, and environmental contamination.
- Overtime and overnight stays may be required.
- Some fieldwork may occasionally require working with hazardous materials and in hazardous conditions.
- Worker would not typically be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Will be required to follow all applicable health and safety procedures associated with work environment.
- May travel frequently to project sites, including sites remote from the office, as part of on-site team.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.