Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Static Equipment Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry
- Complete responsibility for Static equipment issues and deliverables on projects at all stages of the design process. While the primary focus will be on Static equipment, the successful candidate will be a well - rounded Mechanical Engineer with an ability to adapt and handle various mechanical equipment types, such as Pressure Vessels, Columns, reactors, Heat Exchangers, etc.
- Prepare design and calculation for new pressure vessels, tanks and heat exchangers
- Experience of Compress, Microstation and other design software is desired
- Prepare of Equipment Material Requisitions and Engineering Design Drawings
- Technical evaluation / clarification of Static equipment plus the technical bid evaluation reports to support order placement
- Review / comment of vendor documentation
- Verify that all designs are to required standards and that the objectives of the project are met
- Verify that the works is completed to the agreed schedule
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering degree in Mechanical discipline with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Extensive design experience, primarily in a contracting, environment, working with Pressure vessels and Tanks
- Knowledge of International Codes applicable to Process Plant fabrication and design (ASME VIII, API 650, API 620, etc.)
- Excellent command of Spanish and English languages
- Holding a valid permit to live and work in Spain is required
- Immediate availability to join
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.