Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking an On-line Analyzer Specialist to join the Technical Services Division of its Research & Development Center (R&DC), which is responsible for providing technical leadership to R&D programs, introducing and validating new technologies, and delivering sound technical solutions for companywide operations.
The On-line Analyzer Specialist's primary role is to select and develop analyzers and sensing technologies for process monitoring, and to resolve technical challenges associated with them. Also, the role involves identifying the most effective analyzers for specific analyses.
- Provide process analyzer system support to R&D teams, operations, and pilot plant activities utilizing analytical techniques such as physical property analyzers, chromatography, spectroscopy and chemometrics.
- Track analyzer performance efficiency, conduct failure analyses, and drive continuous improvements for analyzer performance and applications.
- Develop and identify new analytical solutions to monitor process composition in real-time.
- Support the design, selection, installation and commissioning of new process analyzer systems.
- Carry out investigative studies in oil and gas processing plants related challenges utilizing state-of-the-art portable on-line analyzers.
- Manage projects for implementations of process analyzer technologies, including calibration and maintenance procedures, installation recommendation and process validation.
- Support and guide in-house technology development programs.
- Utilize project management tools in setting work objectives, detailing experimental scope, and timely execution of the projects towards sound technical solutions while maintaining active interactions and collaborations with customers, engineering departments and other collaborators.
- Issue patents and publications in peer-reviewed journals and primary international conferences.
- Assess and train less-experienced scientists and engineers on process analyzers and sampling systems.
- Develop and mentor less experienced scientists.
- Master's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, PhD specializing in process analyzers or system sampling design is preferred.
- At least five years of experience in field of process monitoring, most of which must have been in process controls, selection and the design of process online analyzers and sampling systems.
- Sound experience and hands-on skills in chromatography and physical property analyzers in oil and gas/petrochemical industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated scientific/technical achievements through patents and publications.
- Experienced in developing process monitoring solutions and technologies, with the ability to implement technologies for research and development for deployment in gas processing, refining, GOSPs, etc.
Data not available
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.