Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Director, Geology and Mineral Resource Estimation. Reporting to the Director, Global Mining Consulting, this role has responsibility for geological models, resource and reserve estimates and preparation of technical reports for various complex projects globally. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Location will be open to global candidates.
- Provide peer review and guidance to our mineral resource geologists and engineers in the matters of resource estimation; including, geological data quality assurance, sampling data QAQC, geological modeling, geostatistics, mineral resource classification, production geology, resource reconciliation and resource risks and opportunities
- Perform geological and mineral resource/reserves reviews audits and due diligence assessments to maximize value for our clients
- Ensure compliance of mineral resource estimates with international professional standards and government regulations for public disclosures by working with Wood Technical Directors and regulatory compliance specialists
- Train and mentor staff in mineral resource estimation methodology
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of high-quality staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group
- Actively support business development activities through participation in conferences, direct business development activities and strategic client relationship management
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in geology, geostatistics, geological or mining engineering or mining-related field.
- Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer or Geoscientist in Canada
- More than 15 years of experience of increasing responsibility in conducting exploration and evaluation programs, drill programs, geologic interpretation and modeling and resource and reserve estimation
- Industry recognition as an expert in geology and resource estimation
- A well-established client network
- Experience in the 3D modeling and grade estimation of a variety of mineral deposits
- Familiarity with various geological modeling and resource estimation software packages, such as Leapfrog, MineSight, Vulcan, and Datamine
- Knowledge of industry standards in mineral resource and mineral reserve estimation including CIM, JORC, CRIRSCO or SME guidelines and compliance with public disclosure regulations including Canada's NI 43-101 and US SEC's S-K 1300
- A willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Fluent and effective spoken and written English. Spanish would be advantageous but not a requirement.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.