Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the workshop technician is to carry out maintenance and refurbishment activities on subsea and surface equipment systems and/ or associated tooling packages in the Morgan City workshop.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out maintenance, (mobilization, demobilization, periodic and in-storage) and refurbishment activities on company owned equipment
- Ensure that all work is performed to conform to company operating and maintenance standards and in accordance with all current legislation
- Update equipment maintenance systems to record details of all repairs and maintenance of company owned equipment
- Assist with preparation and mobilization of ROV systems and/ or associated tooling packages
- Participate in daily toolbox talks for workshop group
- Participate in observation system and conduct STOP audits on a regular basis
- Participate in safety training courses and initiatives
- Ensure that all tasks are performed using correct procedures
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local and company HSE requirements prior to starting and during operations
- Participate in creation of Risk Assessments and JSEA
- Participate in QHSE initiatives such as continuous improvement implementation and monitoring
- Adopt and promote 5S and lean principles
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Participate in the company competence scheme to allow progression through company career framework.
- If required, travel overseas to provide onsite technical support
- If required, attend project kick-off meetings to provide technical support
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to Operations Manager- Workshop
- Will also take direction from Workshop Supervisor
- Working knowledge of subsea and surface equipment such as ROV systems, IWOCS, Workover Systems and Tooling packages
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstratable awareness of 5S and lean principles
- Extensive experience of "working with pressure" i.e. pressure testing, (hydro and pneumatic)/ function testing
- Working at heights experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Technical degree in Mechatronics, Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Hydraulic Engineering
- Knowledge of subsea XT controls and operations
- Knowledge of Manifold, Umbilical and Subsea XT installation operations
- 5S Champion
- Forklift Truck certification
- Overhead crane certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be working indoors or outdoors during the day and occasionally at night. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site may include indoor and outdoor climate with various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment etc.
The employee will be required to wear PPE at all times
The employee is required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.