Skills: Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Operations Engineer
Other Skills: Field Engineering Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Urgent need for an Field Engineering Manager to support the Energy Transition growth strategy as well as to support the region on technical sales, field support, repairs dispositions, manufacturing, RCA's, Service quality incident investigations, support in rebuild manuals creation, inventory slow moving parts dispositions etc.
Field engineering manager is an active member of the Eastern Hemisphere leadership team, contributing to strategy development and business planning, QHSE performance and risk management.
Support to operations and sales organizations in all technical aspects related to the Canrig products and services to enable flawless deployment of new products and continuous improvement of service quality. Liaison among all Nabors / Canrig Engineering groups, manufacturing, quality organization, sales team, field personnel and customers.
Data collection and analysis of performance particularly for the recently developed and commercialized products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recommend appropriate technical solution for key opportunities / tenders
2. Support sales organization with presentations to customers in all technical aspects to drive business growth
3. Follow closely new technology / product development and commercialization efforts
4. Support the sales organization to drive Energy Transition sales across Eastern Hemisphere
5. Engage / maintain relationships with technology / technical departments of customers
6. Conduct regular customer visits to follow up on service quality events.
7. Coordinate with engineering / manufacturing / quality organization for coherent root cause analysis and corrective actions list are given to the customer and close out is agreed.
8. Establish service quality tracking, reports
9. Attend / prepare periodic service and product quality reviews with customers
10. Engage in "Major Event / Downtime Service Quality" events
11. Ensure clear customer feedback and requirements received by the engineering groups to improve quality of products
12. Find and coordinate field trial opportunities with customers, engineering teams and regional operations.
13. Follow up closely field trial results and ensure clear, concise reporting is provided to the HQ
14. Define the resource development requirements for the Eastern Hemisphere for new products (Capex needs, Local Manufacturing, Field service needs, Competency requirement, Training requirements)
15. Perform rig visits as needed to identify potential problems, explore opportunities / solutions
16. Assist engineering / manufacturing teams in identifying auditing local manufacturing / remanufacturing / certification opportunities
17. Support Quality team in the creation of updated product manuals after rebuilds are completed.
• BS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
• 5+ years of direct management experience and equivalent leadership roles in the industry.
• Good understanding of relevant engineering practices and quality procedures.
• Ability to lead by example, good verbal and written communication skills, and good at motivating and developing personnel.
• Good knowledge of CAD software.
• Speaking Arabic would be an asset