Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
We are growing again. Wood is currently seeking a Process Engineer(s) to join our growing team in the Calgary / Edmonton or Fort McMurray offices. The successful candidate will be engaged in projects in the oilsands, refinery, oil and gas and petrochemical industry.
We are seeking experienced engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to meet our client's requirements. Applicants with strong technical skills and a background in OilSands, Refining, Petrochemical unit design (including CDU, VDU, Hydroprocessing, and thermal cracking) or gas processing should apply.
The role will include:
- Prepare and check process simulations, PFDs, HMBs, and PIDs
- Review and check the design for vessel, pump, line and control valve
- Review and check the safety valve relief load calculation (as per API standard)
- Prepare design basis, philosophy and control narrative
- Conduct depressurization studies, flare load estimation and flare system design
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendors and client
- Work will range from conceptual studies through detailed engineering.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate shall:
- Be a professional engineer and currently registered or eligible for registration with APEGA
- Have a minimum of 15 years' experience with the majority spent working in refining, petrochemicals or oil and gas
- Preferred to have a minimum 5 years EPC experience which including lead roles.
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills.
- Must be able to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to coordinate with team members in other locations across multiple projects.
- Must have working knowledge of Hysys, ProII, and HTRI
- Experience of participation in HAZOP, HAZID and SIL rating studies preferred
- Hands on experience in simulation software and design tools
- Experience in basic engineering, FEED and detail engineering projects for oil & gas, refinery and petrochemical
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.