Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a LNG Piping Design Layout Specialist with minimum 20 years experience - Needs to be strong in all aspects of piping design and plant layout. Seasoned specialist with comprehensive understanding of theories and principles of the discipline and the design concepts and studies of professional team members. Ability to understand scope of work, track budget, schedule input as well as good interaction with overall project team and client.
Skills / Qualifications
Undertakes a variety of technical design assignments of significant variety and complexity that are a significant part of an ongoing engineering program. Includes the following:
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to team
- Advanced knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
- Proficient with S3D modeling software
- Complete understanding of proper drawing organization and production
- Prepares Bill of Materials
- Strong ethical standards.
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative. Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable. Accountable for results. Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects. Team player that works well with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.