Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oslo, Norway
Project HSE Engineer - Oslo
Contract role: Long Term
Start date: Urgent
Duration: 12 month renewable
For an EPCI / Installation contractor client of Leap29 in Oslo we seek to make the addition of a long term contractor, in the function of Project HSE Engineer.
The client are a rapidly growing, ambitious EPCI with a global name within Oil&Gas and Renewable installation projects, and somewhere that would be considered highly desirable to secure a role.
We are looking for a dedicated Project HSE Engineer. In this onshore role, you will be reporting to the Project HSEQ Manager whilst working closely with HSEQ peers. Your focus lies with planning, managing, monitoring, and coordinating all Health, Safety and Environmental matters. There is a large interface with Quality Control, Engineering, Offshore Resources, Subcontractors, and vessel crew throughout each phase of the project.
- Actively promote HSE project initiatives
- Support the Project HSEQ Manager in ensuring conformity to and compliance with corporate-, client- and legal HSE requirements.
- Support the project team in management and control of HSE risks.
- Coordinate and manage (re-)active HSE performance monitoring activities.
- Perform verification activities via HSE audits and inspections, both on- and offshore.
- Coordinating interfaces with subcontractors, including review of HSE project documentation.
- Provide guidance and in-house training on working methods, HSE related topics and participate in any other project-/client- initiated developments.
- Act as project team focal point for HSE-related questions.
- Provide project HSE deliverables in time, correct and complete.
Capability profile / Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor level of Occupational Health and Safety education (NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 6 or equivalent).
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar position in the renewable wind sector (or offshore construction).
- Experience with the implementation of the UK legal framework, CDM regulations, and HSE related industry best practice.
- Experience with risk management and control (Safety in Design, performing HAZID/HIRA sessions, application of Hierarchy of Controls, ensuring ALARP).
- Experience in preparing and conducting HSE audits/site visits/inspections.
- Strong team player and self-starter.
- Able to liaise and communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- Flexibility to travel within Europe as required.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact Angus McCormick at Leap29 directly.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!