Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
A wireline operator is responsible for applying the appropriate procedures for the operation of wireline equipment, tools, and techniques in order to ensure quality and cost effective services to each customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in load-out and pre-job checks for jobs as directed.
- Complete required paperwork, to include driver logs.
- Assists in preparation of documentation for DOT and maintenance of fleet vehicles.
- Assists in rigging up and rigging down of wireline equipment for well site operations.
- Assists in the preparation of the wireline unit and calibration of equipment.
- Assists in the assemblies of perforating guns and rebuilding of related assets in various field and shop locations.
- Performs meter checks on perforating guns prior to use in field.
- Guides surface tools during wireline operations as instructed.
- Performs operational tasks in elevated platforms, man baskets and crane as directed.
- Assists in troubleshooting of tools and equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains assigned wireline unit, tools, equipment and facilities in a neat, workable condition.
- Assist in post-job equipment management, including cleaning, re-stocking and making 100% ready for service.
- Immediately reports damaged, inoperable, unsafe and inadequate tools, equipment, fleet or materials to supervisor.
- Immediately reports any and all malfunctions to supervisor.
- Report all injuries to supervisor, regardless of severity, as soon as practical.
- Turn in all required paperwork timely, as directed by management.
- Maintain all required certifications and notify management 90 days prior to certification expiration.
- Observes safety and security rules and procedures and immediately reports potentially unsafe conditions. Utilizes Stop Work Authority when necessary.
- Is available to perform duties on short notice, day or night, while on call.
- Operate all company vehicles in Nine fleet.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with ability to use the tools related to the role
- Customer service skills - High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Hazmat and Airbrake Endorsement; or ability to attain a Class A CDL with specified endorsements within 120 days of employment.
- Organized with troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Process oriented and highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Basic math skills required to successfully accomplish the job.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.