Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controller III with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This is contract role working within a Wood Client office, with opportunitues of extension. The Project Controller is responsible for creating, maintaining, and tracking a project budget to support and align with the project requirements. This role provides support to the Cost Control Lead and Project Manager.
Other duties will include:
- Develop and execute project & financial control processes & tools, create, and maintain a project budget utilizing best practices and value adding processes.
- Work closely with the Cost Control Lead to provide analytical insights on the project cost to enable pro-active decision making.
- Provide input to project status reporting and facilitate meetings for planning, budgeting, and project controls.
- Provide invoice analysis through review and tracking contractor invoices against budgets and forecast.
- Develops reports to track & communicate project progress based on agreed cadence (weekly and/or monthly) including earned value and future work forecast analysis, Accruals, Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP), percent complete, and Cost Performance Index (CPI).
- Establishes, administers, and maintains project financial planning, monitoring, and controlling best practices. Ensures alignment between the project budget and schedule.
- Develops enhanced management reporting to facilitate the review of the financial forecast and improve the usefulness of the information for management in decision making.
- Analyzes cost over/under-runs and highlighting the impacts to the Cost Control Lead.
- Ensures the establishment and maintenance of charge codes in SAP.
- Reviews and analyses project invoices to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
Skills / Qualifications
- Skills Required:
- Prefer a BA/BS or MA/MS in Finance/Business, Construction Management or related field with 3-7 years of progressive experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP/PMI) certification and Configuration certification is preferred but not required.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
- Must have knowledge in the following financial project control areas: forecasting, budgeting, planning, estimating and cost analysis.
- Must have knowledge in the following planning project control areas: earned value analysis, probabilistic estimating, experience in reporting and tracking project work efforts and cost on complex project (?$5MM).
- Able to work across multiple teams with different leadership styles and possess strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to understand the project scope and execution methodology and its relationship to the Work Breakdown Structure (not just a data entry clerk).
- Ability to facilitate meetings and take meeting minutes.
Day-to-day: Working with contractors to set up service orders, track contractors, reviewing invoices as they come in (Contractor Management), Utilizing SAP to extract financial information
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.