Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently looking for candidates for an "Expression of Interest" Lead Mechanical Engineer position to support the team in Aberdeen.
Please note this is not a live position.
The position may required visits to a number of client site on an infrequent basis.
Candidates with extensive experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry, or with suitable mechanical equipment experience in other industries are encouraged to apply.
The role will involve interfaces with other Discipline, Client, Contractor and Supplier Engineers. Candidates will be required to ensure compliance with the Client's Project Specifications and provide technical support based on proven experience.
The Candidate shall integrate within the Mechanical Group, and to the project team, reporting directly to the Mechanical Discipline Manager.
The Lead Engineer role provides opportunity to work as single discipline on small projects, key support to operational plant, and leading a team as part of multi-discipline group on larger projects including turnarounds.
You will be integrated into the wider Wood looking beyond oil and gas and into the next phase of the energy industry.
If you are multi skilled Mechanical Engineer and are experienced in the Energy and Petrochemical industries with a passion in helping Britain achieve Net Zero then we would love to hear from you.
Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through:
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Supporting and supervising task delegation to team.
- Providing management with details of job status and progress.
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports.
- Executing assigned personal objectives.
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery.
Skills / Qualifications
- Candidate shall be degree qualified and have Chartered Engineer status.
- Candidates must have significant experience in the Oil, Gas and/or Petrochemical industries in both operating site support and EPC roles.
- Candidates shall have experience of working closely with clients.
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence. according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.