Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Decommisioning Construction Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Executing assigned scopes of work in a timely manner and within Key Performance Indicator (KPI) schedules.
- Supporting multiple phase decommissioning scopes
- Offshore Surveys as required
- Workpack creation
- Engineering Disciplines / Vendor liaison
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Delivering and actively promoting the Wood values, policies and procedures.
- Displaying significant understanding of Wood / Client systems and processes.
- Reviewing planned activities for constructability, providing accurate feedback.
- Executing assigned scopes of work as a role model for reports.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance on all construction related activities.
- Supporting and supervising reports as required.
- Piping & Mechanical activites.
- Excellent interaction with construction team and all other disciplines.
- Develop team working and communication skills.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with peer groups, management, internal and external stakeholders.
- Coach / mentor / develop team by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Mentoring, supervising and supporting development for reports - ensure learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Lead by example, setting high personal standards for peers to follow.
- Clear communication and co-ordination with relevant site and office based personnel.
- Proactively demonstrate and drive safety and leadership.
- Provide input to the performance management of direct reports through supervision.
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of operational delivery.
Skills / Qualifications
- Time served relevant trade discipline or relevant NVQ/SVQ/HNC/HND.
- Relevant construction experience.
- Oil and gas experience is advantageous or proven track record in industry with transferable skills.
- Exposure to working within a technical environment.
- Very good interpersonal organisational, communication and team building skills.
- Computer literate.
- Sound discipline technical knowledge.
- Proven experience of interpreting discipline documentation.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments (RA), Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) and Hazard Identification Studies (HAZIDS).
- Ability to work with timelines / targets.
- Display both good judgment and leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage and supervise personnel.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.