Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily in offshore industries. We develop products and services for use in the maritime environment. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. OII OTECH is seeking a Quality Control Engineer who will provide overall leadership to the Submarine Rescue Operations and Maintenance team's quality and compliance, including evaluation of programs developed to comply with contractual obligations. The Quality Control Engineer reports directly to the Program Manager and will work closely with the customer. This position requires a minimum 5 years of Quality Control, Inspections and Auditing.
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide sound, independent and seasoned judgement that follows company policies and procedures in meeting company obligations.
- Implement and support a climate of "first time quality" in all aspects of production ensuring the highest quality final product.
- Support and instill a safety culture within the team that is in compliance with Oceaneering's Life Safety Rules and HSE program.
- Create an annual plan for guiding the execution of audits and surveillances of the team's performance in support of maintaining compliance with NAVSEA P-9290 and other certification programs to improve team performance in all functional areas.
- Coordinate with higher headquarters to meet ISO9000 requirements.
- Conduct quarterly and annual evaluations of performance trends.
- Create, manage and report performance against contractual requirements.
- Track and report all critique, lessons learned, surveillance, and audit corrective actions to completion.
- Perform work site surveillances, as assigned.
- Perform evaluations of vendor and subcontractor performance and their ability to meet program specifications.
- Evaluate the performance of integrated logistics and supply functions.
- Support regular reviews which include functional audits, sustaining surveys, and quality assurance surveillances as directed and scheduled by the government. Quickly and efficiently determine root cause(s) and take short and long-term corrective actions to resolve any certification or non-compliance deficiencies noted during any review.
- Generate and issue contract deliverables, as assigned.
- Provide administrative and technical support services to the US Government agencies during scheduled sustaining surveys. This effort shall include, but not be limited to, supporting requirements to respond to audit findings, and implement recommended corrective actions.
- Provide administrative and technical support services during quality assurance audits/surveillances.
- Support quality initiatives such as process and product characterizations that lead to continuous / cost improvements
- Conduct benchmarking to develop more effective methods for improving quality.
- Lead and/or provide support to continuous improvement initiatives and training on continuous improvement, as requested, by other functional departments. This includes audits and surveillances of operations, contracts, quality, purchasing, and engineering departments
- Identify, measure, analyze, and report the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ). Make recommendations to senior leadership on corrective actions required to reduce COPQ
- Collect data and execute/conduct various analytical/statistical analysis and interpretation as part of process improvements and day-to-day support.
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality.
- Achieve goals within budget.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate status or instructions.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Additional duties or special projects as required
- This position has no direct reports
- Reports to the Program Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field. Commensurate and demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of Quality Control, Inspections and Auditing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
- Leads/participates in cross-functional teams.
- Skillset to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must be able to perform well both autonomously and in working with teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality management systems and principles and a variety of operational excellence processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Practical experience in problem solving and root cause analysis methods.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A current SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.