Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood in Saskatoon is currently recruiting for an Electrical and Instrumentation Lead to join our Mining & Minerals team.
Reporting to the Electrical and Instrumentation Department Manager, this position is located at our Saskatoon, SK office . If you are looking to build upon your career and continue to develop your skills in the mining and consulting industries, we want to hear from you.
The Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
- Lead a project team of Electrical and Instrument engineers and designers including coordination of design work and technical input and coordination across project wide, multi-discipline design to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion
- Oversee the development of scope, budgets, schedules and reporting
- Coordinate resource planning, work packages, deadlines and budget for the project discipline team
- Discipline Lead will be responsible to ensure a complete functional project design
- Provide regular progress reporting regarding the discipline project progress and performance with respect to scope, schedule and budget
- Produce designs for Electrical and Instrumentation systems and equipment. Prepare adequate drawings, specifications, data sheets, calculations and other pertinent engineering and design documentation to enable the procurement of EIC equipment packages and their subsequent installation, commissioning and safe operation.
- Assist in the preparation of contract and procurement packages
- Execute specific defined tasks in accordance with accepted guidelines and regulation in accordance with industry standard practices or government regulations and guidelines such as the IEEE, CSA, Saskatchewan Amendments, etc
- Review and/or develop electrical, and controls (IEC) engineering, drawings and documents in line with requirements relating to feasibility, standards, codes and the company's quality specifications
- Co-ordination of drawing packages for issue and preparing issue folders for electronic files
- Prepare calculations in accordance with the relevant Wood, Canadian and International Standards
- Work in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision
Skills / Qualifications
- E lectrical or Instrument Engineering (BSc) degree with completed course in electrical or chemical engineering, or Electrical or Instrument Technologist with Diploma in Electrical or Instrument Engineering Technology
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience; primarily responsible for engineering projects
- Knowledge of potash, uranium, and copper processes
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a project discipline lead overseeing a team of technical professionals and managing scope, schedule, cost, quality, and design of electrical and instrumentation projects
- Effective communication, organization and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment. Must have the ability to balance the workload and staffing in order to meet multiple deadlines
- Knowledge and experience in construction is an asset
- Familiarity of CSA and IEEE standards including the Canadian Electrical Code
- Ability to register as an Technologist (AScT) or Engineer (PEng) in the province of Saskatchewan
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.