Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Under general supervision is responsible for preparing layout piece-part and assembly level drawings of designs for complex components, parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies. Individual errors will directly affect, to a moderate degree, the overall pace of production, quality of product, or overhead cost for programs/products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Abides by the procedures and guidelines established in accordance with OSS/OTS drafting standards, ASME Y14.5M and NASA document JPR 8500.
- With some advice or assistance, completes assignments that may be complex in nature and takes appropriate action and exercises a high degree of initiative in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Responsibility will be to c reates engineering design layouts and assemblies using CREO/Parametric, computer-aided design (CAD) program. Generate corresponding part, assembly and interface control drawings. Use geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as required.
- Ability to Check completed drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Knowledge of NASA document JPR 8500, And familiar with JSC EDCC/EDRS (Engineering document control center), including but not limited to JSC JEDI - EDPM document control software.
- Experience working in aerospace industry, DoD or NASA spacecraft or in-house component design, assembly, integration and related programs is preferred.
- Must be able to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment.
- Suggests hardware, materials, and components by using Company procurement documentation system and engineering assistance.
- Interfaces with machine shop and softgoods personnel on clearances, tolerances, and manufacturing/machine options and inspection techniques.
- Performs other special duties when required by the Sr. Engineering Services Manager
- Associate Degree in CAD Design or equivalent and 5-7 years direct experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience with commercial CAD software such as Autocad, Creo, SolidWorks, or equivalent
- Experience with product development of components and assemblies involving metallics in the plastic regime, fabrics, polymers, and composites.
- Knowledge of and experience meeting industry standards and specifications such as NASA JPR 8500, ANSI 14.1, ASME Y14.5
- Direct experience with Aerospace/NASA Hardware and Oil Field related product.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.