Skills: Contracts Engineer
Other Skills: EPIC, Offshore, Subsea
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive base salary and benefits package.
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
CCL Global are currently recruiting for a Senior Contracts Engineer to work in London. The Sr. Contracts Engineer is responsible for assisting in aspects of contract planning, contract strategy development and risk assessment, contractor pre-qualification, issue of invitation to tender, tender evaluation, contract award recommendation, post-contract administration and contract close-out.
Location: London, UK
Type of Contract: Permanent.
Key duties will include:
- Pro-active interface and involvement with the C&P Manager, relevant technical lead / project manager and project team, and provide advice and recommendation in response to category and project management on day-to-day contractual and commercial information requests as they arise,
- Assist in formulation of logistics category and contracting strategies and risk assessments to protect Company's commercial interests with regards to Company's contracted projects,
- First line responsibility for coordination of logistics activities with Company's first tier Installation/O&M Management and Drilling / well management contractors, coordinate contract administration activities; provide regular reports and updates to the project team, line manager and senior company management together with irregular reports as requested,
- Ensure compliance with Company's corporate Contracts and Procurement policies & procedures,
- Identify potential bidders for goods and/or services required and prepare and execute contractor pre-qualification and prepare and act as a focal point for all Invitation to Tender discussion and negotiation including proposed contract terms and conditions based on Company's Master Agreements or LOGIC model contracts, contract remuneration, scope of work and other contract sections,
- Prepare and/or assist with tender commercial evaluations post-receipt of tenders, draft and coordinate formal award recommendations and present to senior management,
- Prepare and attend internal and external meetings and protect Company's commercial interests, write minutes, and distribute to attendees / interested parties,
- Identify cost and schedule saving measures and promote efficiencies for the movement of goods and/or services required to support development activities.
- Review of all commercial matters and correspondence submitted by contractors and provide advice and recommendations to project management team on their response,
- Review of all variation requests submitted by contractors, process company variation orders or notices,
- Review Contractor's submitted claims, advise and make recommendations to all levels of Company management on their validity, processing and company response,
- Liaise with legal, insurance, finance, health safety and environment, quality management departments as required,
- Final account preparation and contract close out.
- Relevant engineering / technical / legal qualification
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the international oil and gas industry.
- It is essential that the candidate has extensive pre and post contracts experience and extensive experience working for an operator.
- Candidate should have experience of EPIC onshore and offshore construction and subsea infrastructure contracts. Competency / understanding of onshore gas production facilities would be advantageous.
- Experienced in multi-discipline interaction and co-ordination.
- Capable of using all specific software.