Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Engineer (Black trade) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry for an onshore role, for 3 months but likley longer.
Contributes to delivery of Construction excellence by:
- Progressing upon a development pathway towards becoming an experienced Manager within the Construction technical discipline.
- Work Pack Completion.
- Executing assigned scopes of work in a timely manner and within Key Performance Indicator (KPI) schedules.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Delivering and actively promoting the Wood values, policies and procedures.
- Displaying significant understanding of Wood/ Client systems and processes.
- Driving safety leadership and ensuring safe delivery of multi-discipline work scopes.
- Reviewing planned activities for constructability, providing accurate feedback.
- Executing assigned scopes of work as a role model for reports.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance on all construction related activities.
- Managing and leading all construction reports to ensure delivery against milestones and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of technical specifications and mentor reports.
- Display and apply knowledge of site safe working practices and client safety procedures and standards.
- Demonstrate Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) leadership in line with company expectations.
- Have a good technical knowledge of construction discipline and associated processes.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Ability to identify risk to delivery and build in mitigation / contingency plans.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Be aware and understand the business drivers within the client organisation and how these can be influenced by innovative designs and minimum cost solutions.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Time served relevant trade discipline or relevant NVQ/SVQ/HNC/HND.
- Oil and gas experience is advantageous or proven track record in industry with transferable skills.
- Work pack experience essential.
- Exposure to working within a technical environment.
- Experience of people management.
- Strong structural background.
- Excellent interpersonal organisational, communication and team building skills.
- Computer literate.
- Fully conversant with regards to discipline technical knowledge.
- Proven experience of interpreting discipline documentation.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments (RA), Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) and Hazard Identification Studies (HAZIDS).
- Ability to work with timelines / targets.
- Display both good judgment and leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Ability to be assertive and drive culture change when required.
- Ability to interrogate work packs.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.