Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Principal Accountant position for Hyperion Data Relationship Management is within the Financial Reporting Systems (FRS) group , and will be responsible for maintaining, updating, and troubleshooting the financial reporting system hierarchies (i.e. profit center/costs centers, GL, functional area) used in Halliburton's financial reporting systems, managing the global overhead expense allocation process, and collaborating with global, regional, and PSL F&A leadership to deliver optimized financial reporting structures for changing business needs.
- Responsible for maintaining Halliburton's financial reporting hierarchy structures maintained in Hyperion Data Relationship Management (DRM) software.
- Manage the automated global allocation process to allocate overhead expenses globally and analyze expense allocation impacts as needed.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (i.e. Product Service Line (PSL), Regional F&A controllers, support functions) to assess financial system reporting requirements and optimize reporting structures to meet current business needs.
- Review and approve key hierarchy changes to ensure alignment with internal and external reporting guidelines.
- Collaborate cross functionally with various F&A and corporate teams such as SAP Global Master Data (GMD), Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Essbase and Planning, Business Warehouse (BW), Corporate Consolidations and Reporting, and IT teams to ensure that all of the financial reporting structures, related data and workflow feeds are updated accurately in the respective systems each month.
- Work on various ad-hoc projects that require DRM and SAP FI system changes.
- Completion of an undergraduate university degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, finance or related roles
- Knowledge of US GAAP or country- specific accounting principles
- Advanced functionality of common office environment and functional applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP, and Hyperion
- Project management skills and knowledge of financial performance metrics such as CVA/NOVA
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Hyperion DRM, HFM, Essbase and Planning.
- Professional accounting certification or the requisite number of accounting credit hours to sit for a professional accounting certification
- Completion of Master of Business Administration (MBA) or similar degree.
- 3+ years related financial reporting and analysis or financial systems experience.
- Experience with SAP-FI or BW.
- Experience in PL-SQL and VB scripting.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Principal Accountant to Supervisor, Accounting.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 149163
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.