Skills: Business Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
At Eni, we are looking for an Oil Products Specialist within ETB in London. You will be responsible for implementing and developing, back test short- and long-term global refining industry outlooks, including global and regional changes in capacity levels, changes in crude and other feedstock, impact of planned and unplanned maintenances, total production rates by major product groups, global and regional trade balances and the general industry margins and profitability trends.
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni has a market capitalisation of €66 billion and has a near €100bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe's largest natural gas Company.
In keeping with Eni's overall strategy in respect of the global energy transition, starting from January 1, 2021, Eni Trade & Biofuels SpA ("ETB"), fully owned by Eni SpA, will be the sole entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, bio-fuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group.
In particular, ETB will be responsible for marketing Eni's oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon and bio feedstock and marketing the resulting productions of its traditional and green refineries and of its petrochemical arm Versalis.
ETB's activities further include the sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistical services, and the provision of oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets.
ETB's integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach that is further reinforced by Eni's relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
ETB is present in the UK, in Italy, in Singapore and through a subsidiary, in Houston - USA.
As a member of CFO Team at ETB you will be responsible for:
- Performing daily activities as requested by his/her superior and maintain a proactive attitude to achieve individual and team goals.
- Contributing to communication flows between the team and the other desks ETB
- Contributing to the Company's short- and medium-term global refining industry outlook, including: global and regional changes in capacity levels, changes in crude and other feedstock, total production rates by major product groups, global and regional trade balances and the general industry margins and profitability trends.
- Utilizing adjusting and maintaining economic evaluation models for different crude oil in different markets to allow appropriate evaluation of the specific refining value evolution of crude oils.
- Maintaining crude oil and products price/balance monitoring by crude/product type in each region to serve as the basis for the evaluation of both trading activities and industrial projects.
- Effective communication, including design of tools and layouts to share focused and time critical data with the management, trading desks and other internal customers.
- Regularly following up on refining market trends and new developments. Monitor and assess the impact of international regulations on the global and regional refining business.
- Proposing robust and accurate solutions for resolving data analysis problems including make or buy decisions in terms of statistics/data.
- Preparing ad hoc material and presentations for management as and when required.
- Contributing to the regular and ad hoc analysis flow to support Upstream affiliates activity by evaluation of equity grades and their specific market dynamics from a fundamental point of view.
- Conducting reviews of industry business developments, trends, and economics.
- Maintaining updated energy market statistics, including worldwide crude oil production/demand and expected future developments. Develop, maintain and improve refined products demand/supply balances and forecasts by product type.
- Preparing well written and illustrated documents and presentation material upon request from Management and internal customers. Helping and advising internal customers about crude oil / refined products profitability as a support to trading / upstream
- Conducting insightful economic analysis of crude oil refining values both as single crude and as a part of a mix, constantly monitor crude oil netback and refining margins in various market areas with particular focus on eni equity productions.
- Comparing of various crude oils from a refining point of view, highlight the main elements which determine their marketability and market value; build models to perform such activity
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Strong academic background: preferably a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering / Economics or related specialty from a leading university.
- Fluent knowledge of English language (written & spoken);
- Knowledge about available data sources / information providers.
- Good knowledge of market dynamics and different type of prices/pricing benchmarks (physical, forward).
- Specific experience about analysis of refining activity and processes, performing calculations of refinery margins, building models to such purpose.
- Highly organised, structured and analytical thinking: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions in a timely manner. Works effectively and responsibly on both regular/structured and relatively unstructured tasks.
- Strong quantitative capability, programming and software expertise. Fundamental modelling experience
- Excellent Excel/VBA, Power Point skills. Python knowledge appreciated.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technical, economic and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.