Skills: Drilling Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
The decommissioning team at Wood consists of a small core team which from time to time is supplemented by subject matter experts (SMEs). The team has an ongoing requirement to ensure that well plugging and abandonment expertise is available to support various projects and proposals both UK and internationally.
Consultants would provide ad-hoc services to the decom group. Wood expects that such consultants are able to evaluate opportunities, estimate their time allocation required to complete the task, and meet the reporting and deliverable budgets efficiently.
We would like the trusted consultants to support the Wood team in a flexible manner.
- Well P&A time and cost estimating, peer review, well P&A planning, produce well P&A methodology/strategy, vessel identification and well P&A design, review/prepare well P&A workscope for third party vendor
- Act as a source of expert knowledge on well P&A methodology, industry norms, costs and custom and practise.
- Attend client meetings and internal calls (both via Teams and in person where necessary) representing Wood
- Reporting, hours and budget management to comply with client contract terms
Wood team members - including estimating, subsea and decommissioning project managers and function director, and client representatives.
- Ability to work under little or no supervision.
- Accountable for delivery of client contract tasks ensuring they are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Reporting ultimately to the Decommissioning Director, and on a by-project basis to the relevant PM
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years experience in well P&A
- Appropriate academic qualifications or equivalent experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience and proven track record of well P&A
- In addition to undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, the individual should have work experience in the industry which would allow understanding of and exposure to key principles.
- An extensive network of industry contacts, awareness of key events and developments, latest innovations and progress in the P&A space
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Strong client focus and ability to build relationships and trust.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.