Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Wood Environment and Infrastructure, Inc. is seeking a professional to fill an Electrical Designer position in our San Antonio , TX office. The primary role of this position is to provide electrical design CAD services supporting commercial, federal, municipal, and industrial clients. Projects may include commercial/municipal building lighting and power, power distribution , communication s, and fire alarm systems. This position will work under the supervision of a Senior or Mid-level Electrical Engineer.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Will work in the San Antonio, TX office under the direction of a senior or mid-level engineer to execute facility electrical engineering requirements as a member of a design team
- Primary responsibility will be c omputer-aided drafting and designing using industry-standard platforms (AutoCAD, REVIT).
- Work also includes reviewing existing and conducting condition assessments; power, lighting and signal system design; preparation of studies, drawings and specifications; and development of construction costs. Performing field energy audits under direction of senior or mid-level engineer. Conducting lightning protection studies. Performing load analysis. Coordinating and working with other team members and disciplines. Performing other engineering and project related tasks related to support the electrical and mechanical design teams.
Skills / Qualifications
- Two years minimum of AutoCAD and /or Revit electrical design experience (4,000+ hours of software use). CAD/REVIT certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel MS Project and Outlook)
- Ability to work productively independently and as a member of a project team
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in the US (air / ground) . Approximately up to 25 % of time for travel .
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders and carry tools/ladders to perform site assessments
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Detail and quality oriented
- Must pass drug test, fit-for-duty medical exam, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Preferred but not Required Additional Qualifications
- Basic understanding of the National Electrical Code and other NFPA standards
- Experience using ETAP, SKM Power Tools or other power systems analysis software
- Construction experience, preferably in electrical construction
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.