Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, the Delivery Truck Driver IV loads the tanker truck with a number of different chemicals and then operates the company vehicle for the purpose of ensuring the delivery of those chemicals to a customer refinery or chemical plant in a safe manner following all laws, company policies, and customer policies.
- This position is customer facing and the drivers professional, courteous, and safe behaviors will directly reflect on the company and its commitment to meet the customers' service expectations.
- The drivers will ensure that the truck is in good working order by completing the pre-trip inspection, ensure that the logs and timesheets are up-to-date and that the shipping documents and all vehicle documents are current and in the truck.
- After arriving at the customers' facility, the driver interfaces with the customer's operators to get a work permit and then unloads the truck by pumping the different chemicals into the appropriate bulk tanks.
- After completing all of the deliveries, the driver will do a post trip inspection and assure the truck is clean for hauling the next load.
- Some of the locations we deliver to are more than a single days drive from the manufacturing plant and therefore requires the Driver IV to be responsible for planning transportation routes to assure customer deadlines are met.
- This includes planning stops, managing maximum allowable driving hours, minimum resting hours, overnight accommodations (which can include sleeping in the Tractor sleeper cabin), and ensuring the safety and security of the cargo during stops.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of experience in DOT HAZMAT driving experience with a Class A Commercial license with HAZMAT endorsements prior to hiring.
- Must have a3-5 years of Hazmat Tanker experience.
- Must pass a Homeland Security background check.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
11200 Bay Area Boulevard, Pasadena, Texas, 77507, United States
Requisition Number: 139397
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.