Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for MOC (Management of Change) Close-out Designer for our field engineering team with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry. The successful candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra. Normal working time will be 6 days per week, 8 hours per day.
- Reports to the MOC Team Lead.
- Position is located in Basra, Iraq.
- Primary responsibility is to Progress newly raised MOC's, initiation through endorsement.
- Designer will handle 300+ PID update per year.
- Site walk-down of existing plant.
- P&ID markup and as-build designing.
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Process, Piping Electrical and Instrumentation discipline.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Process design deliverables.
- Compliance with industry, international and Client Codes and stan.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Process or Mechanical engineering (or relevant subject).
- Onshore Brownfield experience.
- 5 - 10 years relevant experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Experience in working with Multi-Discipline, Multi-Cultural teams.
- Effective Multi-tasking and ability to deal with pressure and changing priorities.
- Teamwork and collaboration time management.
- Organizing and planning skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.