Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
A Manifold Engineer performs a variety of engineering work in the development and design of Subsea Manifold Products in accordance to industry standards and project requirements. This may include performing engineering calculations to analyze operating parameters and stress in product components, preparing technical documentation for customers, and, at times, leading a team of Mechanical engineers within a project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the engineering design and development of new products that are competitive and profitable, improving designs on current products for longer life and more reliability, and testing products at field locations.
- Responsible for project deliverables including the management of engineering budgets, schedules, and customer interfaces.
- May be indirectly accountable for supervising, training, developing, motivating and guiding subordinate personnel to achieve project objectives. Guides and coordinates efforts of drafters and technologists.
- Ensure all aspects of product comply with client technical specifications and relevant industry standards i.e engineering, manufacture, Health, Safety and Environment, cost, form fit & function have been correctly identified and addressed.
- Review product solutions as bid against awarded and identify and assist to resolve variances with project management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including communication with project team members and client to ensure directions are understood.
- Strong Problem solving skills, able to delegate effectively, and follow through appropriately.
- Must be able to interpret detailed drawings, technical direction, codes, and design standards.
- Facilitate various project meetings - internal and external - to ensure project is delivered on schedule.
- Monitor/Expedite manufacturing and provide technical support to manufacturing/assembly.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree with 4 or more years of experience in mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of subsea projects and products (connection systems, manifolds, jumpers, trees, and controls) would be beneficial.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Thorough understanding of machining, manufacturing, hydraulic drawings.
- Working knowledge of FEA, MathCAD, AutoCad, Inventor or similar analysis and drawing packages.
- nowledge of SAP, ANSYS, MathCad, AutoCad and Inventor are preferred.
- Additional experience with ASME, DNV and API design methodologies is preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.