Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Document Control
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Are you a driver of change?
Be part of a successful team
The Project Document Controller at Baker Hughes will control the flow of documentation between engineering, suppliers and other Baker Hughes functions such as manufacturing and sourcing .
Partner with the best
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accurately maintain archives and databases for project documentation using Baker Hughes' Electronic Document Management System.
- Receive, register and distribute incoming and outgoing project documentation within pre-agreed timeframes.
- Monitor status of project documentation and work with the project team and internal departments to expedite overdue actions.
- Produce effective project document status reports and issue to internal and external customers.
- Attend project meetings and report the current status against plan for project documentation.
- Drive on time delivery and quality of documentation.
- Perform in accordance with KPIs and goals set by the project team and functional lead.
- Ensure work is conducted in accordance with client and project requirements and all applicable Baker Hughes internal policies and procedures.
- Provide support to other projects during periods of increased activity or staff absence.
- Identify improvement opportunities and work with the functional lead and project teams to implement improvements.
- Carry out other documentation activities as directed by the functional or project leader.
Fuel your passion
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
- Experience of working with controlled document management in Engineering, Projects or Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the use of formalised document control processes and tools.
- Awareness of the implications of errors in document management.
- Working knowledge of IT aspects of document management including use of document management systems and competency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) at intermediate level.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in the English Language (written and oral) with internal and external interfaces.
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.