Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently recruiting for a PMC Lead Project Engineer to be based in Abu Dhabi city on ADNOC Offshore - 1MMBD project. Successful candidate would be responsible for below duties;
- Lead the engineering team, supported by the Discipline Lead Engineers
- Work together with the Project Teams and Department Heads to achieve Project objectives
- Manage the engineering resource in delivering the work.
- Coordinate across disciplines and manage technical interfaces.
- Ensure that all staff responsibilities and competencies are matched to job requirements.
- Ensure that all staff under his / her supervision is working to the client procedures, specifications and standards and to any project-specific agenda.
- Manage the day today interfacing between the Projects and the disciplines of Piping, Mechanical, Structural, and E&I and specialist disciplines.
- Participate in key customer reviews and meetings as required.
- Conduct succession planning within the engineering team, especially for key roles.
- Implement competence assessments and regular performance assessments with Team.
- Ensure team know and work to procedures in order to be efficient and right first time.
- Provide development opportunities for personnel - to increase breadth of experience and capability.
- Site visits to demonstrate safety leadership.
- Develop and maintain effective working practices for the Wood project management team
- Provide, with full responsibility and accountability, leadership and excellence in the achievement of coordinating both technical and governance through the EPC Stages of the Project
- Take full technical and commercial responsibility for execution of the contract in all matters covered within the terms of the contract (from initial contract review to project close-out)
- Identify and communicate project team objectives in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy
- Organize the project team, define individual responsibilities and motivate team members towards successful achievement of specified project goals, particularly through regular project meetings
- Delegate work to the project team members in a manner that encourages individual responsibility
- Achieve scheduled performance, cost, quality and HSE requirements from award to acceptance
- Direct contractors on a complex Onshore / offshore Brownfield and major project arising from technical changes with Contracting Parties
- Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders during project execution to meet project objectives
- Oversee different contracting parties, owners, customers, government bodies and existing facilities in coordination
- Manage complicated issues among different project phases and the existing facilities
- Provide leadership and management for the PMT and EPC to ensure safe, cost effective and timely resolution of all interfaces
- Ensure that company policies, procedures and controls are adhered to at all times
- Be exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce
- Carryout Technical Evaluation of Bids, Issue Bid Technical Clarifications, Technical Evaluation Reports and Recommendations
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized university
- A minimum of fifteen years' experience in project management and execution of major and mega Oil and Gas projects, of which a minimum of five years' experience in project management similar role with proven track record of managing teams for major and mega Oil and Gas projects
- Experienced in major Offshore Project Management Assignments
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes and standards
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and analytical skills due to the complex and diversified nature of the position
- Extensive skills in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.