Skills: Customer Service, Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Alvarado, Texas, United States
The employee will be responsible for managing a team of 10+ logistics and customer service representatives located at Halliburton's Jet Research Center (JRC) in Alvarado, TX, which supports our wireline and perforating manufacturing & global supply chain. The employee will work alongside the facility's leadership team and our customer base across the world to develop, measure, and drive strategic improvements to the way we do business, including order forecasting, acceptance, management, fulfillment, and shipment. The ideal candidate will have experience with continuous improvement and strong leadership, intra/interpersonal, and prioritization skills.
Job Duties & Requirements
- Under broad direction, supervises a team that organizes moves for air, ocean, land and hazardous goods in compliance with local and international law. Also, supervises the management and communication to customers from point of order placement to delivery.
- Oversees the customer ordering and fulfilment process, including any urgent customer escalations
- Oversees complete logistics process cycle to include execution of proper documentation for domestic and international movement.
- Manages the preparation and planning for movements in all modes and ensures proper communication back to end customer.
- Understands and coordinates the pre-inspection process. Reviews performance of lanes and service levels and identifies where improvements are needed.
- Negotiates with logistics service providers to achieve long term goals and a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Understanding of laws and regulations for transporting hazardous materials, and MRP system.
- Develops and implements logistics and customer service strategies in line with area and region initiatives.
- Seeks alternative ways to improve the moves and logistics services for the economic benefit of Halliburton.
- Job responsible for various managerial functions including: interviewing applicants, training employees, directing and assessing subordinate work, performance management, setting hours of work, and handling employee grievances.
- Also responsible for making decisions and recommendations regarding, the hiring and firing of employees.
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Information Systems or Engineering and 3 to 5 years of experience in related field of logistics and customer service.
- Knowledge of Hazardous movements preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
8432 South Intersate 35W , Alvarado , Texas , 76009 , United States
Requisition Number: 149087
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.