Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) ensures that a supplier is capable of consistently and reliably delivering goods or services that satisfy Oceaneering's and/or our customer's design, specifications, and requirements with minimum oversight, inspection, or rework. The SQE supports Oceaneering projects, programs, and development initiatives by providing technical input and guidance on; manufacturing techniques, Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE), metallurgy, materials, welding, machining, Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) reviews, First Article Inspection (FAI) development, assessing design manufacturability, constructability, clarification of specifications, understanding of quality codes, process enhancements, and improvements. By evaluating and mitigating risk in the early phase of manufacturing / fabrication, the SQE assures the suppliers is in best position to deliver our hardware / service with first time quality, thereby allowing for lower costs, and on-time delivery. The SQE works with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that target defect prevention, variation, and waste. He or she also conducts root cause analyses, investigations, and provides corrections and recommendations for improvement to resolve problems and prevent schedule delays.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline; Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science, or extensive equivalent technical experience
- Extensive experience in Quality / Supplier Quality Engineering positions
- Extensive experience working in an ISO9001 QMS (Quality Management System)
- Thorough understanding of basic manufacturing techniques; set-up, machining, casting, forging, NDE, dimensional, welding, and general mechanical design
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings, specifications, and general knowledge of what is required in a complete engineering / Purchase Order package to be provided to a supplier
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality management systems and principles and a variety of operational excellence processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with no supervision
- Ability to utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance in the analysis of current and future products
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Develop technical reports, business correspondence, and create procedures, manuals
- Ability to evaluate quality of manufacturing and production processes against good manufacturing practices, company purchase order specifications, engineering package, quality codes, etc.
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of suppliers' quality controls and recommend improvements
- Ability to develop First Article Inspection documents, review/recommend changes to supplier provided Inspection and Test Plans
- Familiar with various machining and measurement devices (CNC)
- Skills to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Understanding and familiarity with general industry standards (ASME BPVC.VIII, IX, AWS D1.1,1.6, ASTM, ANSI, etc.)
- Experience as a manufacturing engineer with materials, welding, machining, pressurized components
- Qualified, competent, and certified as an ISO 9001 lead auditor
- Project management experience preferred
- Lean, Six Sigma (Black Belt), or equivalent certification
- Experience in applicable mechanical, welding engineering disciplines
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.