Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Resilient Environment Business Group is seeking a Water Resources Engineer/Scientist to work alongside our innovative and active San Diego Team. We are hard working team who also finds time to enjoy the best of our local area - don't be surprised if we ask you to join us on a hike for lunch, or to bring your board to hit the beach after work!
The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to be mentored and have the oppportunity for in-field experience within the water resources industry and will possess knowledge and technical skills in storm water management, TMDLs, bacteria indicators, water quality resources, water quality modeling, environmental permitting, and municipal, commercial and industrial NPDES compliance.
- Collect surface water samples and measurements following QA/QC protocols and standard operating procedures
- Use and maintain water quality multiparameter instruments (YSI, Hydrolab...), automatic water samplers, and groundwater monitoring equipment
- Possess general understanding of water chemistry
- Work for extended periods of time in the field, sometimes remote areas, under hot or cold, wet conditions and in areas occupied by wildlife such as alligators, snakes, and stinging insects
- Consulting for municipal, commercial and industrial NPDES compliance projects
- Reports to Senior Program Managers and works directly with project managers throughout the Irvine and San Diego teams
- Travel to project(s) as needed, for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering, Environmental Science or related field required; advanced degree(s) in Engineering or related field is a plus
- 1 to 5 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word and Access, in particular
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.