Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
On behalf of An Oil and gas EPC company Petroplan are looking for a Project Material Tracker based in either their London or Paris office.
- Responsible for the identification and the tracking of all CPI, permanent items, equipment, material, installation aids & consumables used for and during the Project, throughout its movement from mobilisation to demobilisation locations.
- Liaise with all parties within the project to consolidate, update and follow the Master Material List which is the exhaustive list of items mentions above.
- Ensure all parties are informed in due time of the flow of material in and out, especially the local logistic entities, to allow smooth and efficient flows.
- Provide on a regular basis, at least once a week, the Master Material List and report any delays or particulars which could affect the project or part of it.
- Identify issues at an early stage and highlight them to the relevant stakeholders in order to develop mitigations and reduce impacts to schedule and operations.
- Liaise with countries and ships/ barges organisations (in-countries logistic teams, ships/barges/yards storekeepers) to track all movements and storages.
- Ensure that all paperwork necessary for identification, clearance and transportation such as cargo manifest, packing list, airway bill, material certificate, dangerous goods declaration, are available to local countries organisations and to Project's entities.
- Support the issue of a comprehensive & exhaustive demobilisation plan in close co-ordination with OPS Logistics and PMT.
- Ensure, jointly with Field Engineers and/or Project Engineers, that equipment material & remaining consumables are demobilised as planned returned to their origins in a timely fashion to avoid extra costs to the project.
- Be aware of other projects requirements (in the same region or other regions) to find synergies for equipment demob/mob.
Qualifications and Experience:
- First level technical or logistic or similar university degree
- Preferably experience in a similar position (logistic, store keeping, inventory control and material control task).
- Preferably, experience in Oil and Gas business.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English mandatory.
- Very good knowledge of standard office software.
- This position required Regular Missions to local logistics sites and other offices.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.