Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is searching for a Preservation Coordinator/ Specialist with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule is 5 x 2 work schedule working in a customer's office located in Houston, TX. This position will eventually transition to an offshore position on a 14x14 rotation schedule
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Coordinate and oversee preservation activity at site(s)
- Provide guidance and expertise on all matter related to the preservation of the equipment related to the project
- Act as single point of contact for information and guidance when conflict arises pertaining to the overall care of the equipment between interface owners
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the preservation program to ensure that equipment is cared and maintained in accordance with Manufacturer specification form fabrication time up to Final hand-over
- Maintain data collected from the Fabrication Contractor's Preservation Team to track and verify that the equipment is preserved as per manufacturer specification
- Provide input to Preservation within the Mechanical Completion / pre-commissioning and Commissioning Dossiers
- Closely coordinate / supervise the activities of the Preservation team
- Provide reporting, carryout periodic audits and inspections and sign-off on site preservation task.
- Knowledge of Onshore and Offshore Safety and Permit to Work Systems.
- Management and supervision of Vendors and Suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High School Diploma.
- Evidence of formal Mechanical Engineering or Instrument and Electrical education.
- Experience in similar position
- Significant direct hands-on experience in maintenance and reliability with construction in oil and gas processing is required
- Significant Experience in Equipment Maintenance is beneficial
- Completion Management Software experience (PIMS) or similar completion systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of multicultural project teams
- Management and supervision of Vendors / Suppliers
- Necessary experience of Onshore and Offshore Safety and Permit to Work Systems
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.