Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. The Electrical Engineer also assists in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements.
- Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing.
- Set up and run lab simulations.
- Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations.
- Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation.
- Provide support to field and customers through InTouch.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risk.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups.
- Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor of Sciences.
- +2 years experience.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.