Skills: Rotating Equipment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is searching for a Rotating Equipment Specialist SME (Subject Matter Expert) with offshore production rotating equipment experience.
Work schedule is either 9/80 or M-F (8 hr. days) for office work and 12 hour days while offshore. This position is likely to work out the customer's Houston office but there is a possibility of working remotely with a likely 50/50 split between office/home base work and shop visits and offshore visits with potentially heavier travel some months depending on work activity.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- First point escalation for offshore troubleshooting and problem solving within discipline.
- Function as a subject matter expert for rotating equipment; Frequently visits customer's operated platforms for hands-on support of detailed troubleshooting and major work activities.
- Interfaces and communicates closely with Operations and Reliability Engineering with respect to equipment failures and repairs, recommended sparing, maintenance strategies and routines.
- Job owner and primary vendor interface for onshore coordination and execution of major repair/overhauls.
- Manages teardowns and repairs of equipment in vendor shops and frequently performs site visits/inspections of ongoing shop repairs.
- Provides audit and technical QC of major maintenance and repairs as well as inventory and preservation of spare parts, providing onsite support of critical activities as needed.
- Provides input into the Integrated Activity Schedule (IAS) and participates in coverage of the following: safety hot spots, regulatory hot spots, production impact activities, any drilling or workover activities, subsea activities and any SIMOPS activities coming up on the IAS schedule
- Promote effective teamwork between the onshore and offshore teams and between all crews and work parties
- Provide input and feedback to ensure quality of SAP master data to standards (equipment, job plans, BOMs)
- Support Autonomous Maintenance process to improve PM's and equipment performance
- Adhere to LEAN work management processes to ensure workflows are efficient and waste eliminated (i.e., SAP, etc.) and prioritize customer engagement through focused GEMBA.
- Additional duties per Supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 5-8 years of offshore production rotating equipment experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 8-10 years' experience preferred in the following:
- Previous offshore experience working with rotating equipment and their auxiliary systems.
- Equipment subject matter expert for Rotating Equipment and associated vendors:
- Turbines (Solar), Compressors both centrifugal and reciprocating (Dresser Rand, Enerflex, etc.), Pumps (Sulzer, Goulds, etc.), Combustion Engines, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding of Personal and Process Safety
- Advanced knowledge of SAP or other computerized maintenance management systems
- Planning, scheduling, and the ability to oversee work
- Must be able to interrogate rotating equipment control systems to assist with fault diagnosis.
- Experience with the interpretation of technical operating manuals, drawings, catalogues, and reports to assist with fault identification and proactive management of fault rectification.
- Knowledge of safety hazards associated with high-speed industrial rotating equipment.
- Knowledge of industrial rotating equipment failure modes.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of safe working systems.
- Office (Desk, Meetings, Collaboration) - 60%
- Onshore Travel (Shops, Warehouse, etc.) - 25%
- Offshore Travel (Customer Operated Platforms) - 15%
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.