Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting a Senior Fabrication Coordinator to join our team in Brunei on the BSP Facilities Rejuvenation Project.
The Senior Fabrication Coordinator will report to the Services lead/Manager and will work with user departments including PMT, Fabricators and the Supply Chain function to coordinate all fabrication activities from the issue of enquiry packages through placement of fabrication work orders, receipt, storage, preservation and the shipping of fabrications to worksites. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Amec FW is looking at a right first - time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to the challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
The candidate will be:
- Responsible for the development of the overall BSP rejuvenation fabrication plan and schedule and the management thereof.
- Responsible for managing fabrication interfaces between engineering, construction, supply chain, material handling and campaign management teams.
- Directly responsible for the timely delivery of fabrication work scopes as per plan and updating of status on a daily basis.
- Directly responsible for highlighting potential blockers that will prevent the fabrication targets being achieved and suggesting enablers.
- Implements Wood safety program and ensure safe working conditions.
- Coordination of all fabrication activities from the issue of enquiry packages through placement of fabrication work orders, creation of fabrication requisitions to the shipping of fabricated materials to worksites including:
- Preparation of fabrication work packages in consultation with discipline and work pack engineers ensuring all documentation, drawings, welding procedures, inspection and testing plans, painting specifications etc are available and provided.
- Raise fabrication requisitions and support the supply chain processes on the selection, review, and approval of fabrication contractors
- Liaise closely with supply chain materials group to ensure fabrication materials are delivered to the appointed fabricator in line with the required / planned dates.
- Directly responsible for the management of the fabrication sub - contractor activities.
- Directly responsible for the handling, tracking and preservation of fabricated items.
- Maintain fabrication registers / tackers and ensure status reports on all fabrication work orders are issued to the construction and project engineering planner groups in line with requirements.
- Attend weekly internal and client meetings and present progress / issues / new ways of working.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure delivery of each fabrication to budget and schedule, ensuring changes are managed and suitably approved by the engineering manager prior to implementation.
- Ensure that all fabrication activities are carried out under the approved project safety and quality standards.
- Implementation of Flawless Project Delivery activities and remedial actions.
- Shall maintain a constant dialogue with other Project Engineers, Construction Engineers, and the RO Team Lead to ensure project priorities are maintained.
- Provide HSE Leadership at the highest level and assurance that safety, environmental and technical standards are met and satisfied, both in a verifiable and ethically appropriate manner.
- Attend and monitor the fbricators regularly to ensure engagement is kept.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.