Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) finance group of Oceaneering International has a senior level opportunity for a full time Finance Project Analyst. This position will prepare accurate financial information in a timely manner in order to support the financial requirements within OTECH and for assigned projects. This position will be counted on to be a leader with the OTECH finance group and serve as a mentor for more junior analysts. Communication and teamwork are vital to success in this role as the position will be interfacing with several internal and external customers on a regular basis. The ability to prioritize in a fast-paced work environment will also be a key to success in this position. T his position is based in Hanover, MD and may be eligible for a hybrid on-site/work from home arrangement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take the financial lead in proposal development to include analyze the RFP, support proposal manager to generate the work breakdown structure and basis of estimate, fee recommendation utilizing weighted guidelines approach, and coordinate and produce cost volume
- Support Project Managers to prepare and analyze internal Revenue forecast for monthly, quarterly, and year end estimates
- Lead project controls support to include weekly actual report, hours summary report, estimate to complete (ETC) development, estimate at complete (EAC) development, and variance at completion (VAC)analysis
- Support month-end close process to provide Forecast vs Actual variances and journal entries
- Support the Financial Project Manager in developing Annual Operating Plan and Long-Range Strategic Plans
- Prepare, and support, monthly Customer reporting requirements
- Support cash flow collections by reviewing Accounts Receivable outstanding and Unbilled Accounts Receivable
- Assist the regional finance lead in SOX compliance and testing and external regulatory reporting / compliance
- Serve as a leader for the implementation of financial standards in the organization
- Support User Acceptance Training "UAT" testing, as required
- Maintain working knowledge of various government financial terminology, regulations, and clauses related to work assigned.
- Provide support in invoice processing and program procurement.
- Other duties as assigned inclusive of responsibilities outlined in the RASCI model related to your area of work.
- This position does not ha ve supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Finance Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance and eight plus years experience, MBA with five plus years experience or ten plus years equivalent relevant experience. Commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Understanding of percentage-of-completion (POC), cost plus fixed-fee (CPFF), time and materials (T&M) type contracts
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles; Sarbanes-Oxley Act; and U.S. GAAP
- Advanced Excel user with an understanding of financial modeling concepts
- Able to view the big picture with a good grasp for details
- Required to be a US Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance
- Earned Value management experience or desire to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.