Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
The Senior Compensation Analyst will lead and support Compensation processes for the global organization; working collaboratively with the HR team and business clients. They will support the design of compensation structures and processes using industry and preferred practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer, maintain, and evolve Oceaneering's Career Framework (job evaluation) for the global organization
- Create and maintain processes to evaluate new jobs and map them into the framework
- Perform analysis of jobs; consult with HR to assure that employees are mapped consistently into the career framework
- Manage Oceaneering's overall market competitive framework
- Assess appropriate survey data sources across the globe; manage vendor relationships
- Analyze survey data and recommend rate structures or market pricing to align our compensation packages with the market
- Manage related software and/or spreadsheets to facilitate data analysis
- Manage the global annual merit increase planning process
- Administer pay programs for Technicians and Rotators; analyze models; monitor legal compliance
- Provide advice and guidance to HR team and business line managers in aspects of the career framework and compensation; includes performing research as needed to solve complex compensation-related issues within the business
- Administer short-term incentive plan; assist in administration of long-term incentive plan
- Assist with the annual compensation analysis for Board of Directors and Executives
- Support facilitating organizational change by providing information, recommendations, and communications related to compensation activity through analysis of actual results and trends
- Stay abreast of current trends in compensation, software and other related technology
- Stay abreast of legislative activities and regulatory changes to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and international laws
- Manage special projects, as assigned
- Bachelors' degree in Human Resources, Statistics, Mathematics or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in compensation analyst role.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong individual leadership skills, project management, analytical, influence, and facilitation skills.
- Must have high level of proficiency and experience in analysis of data.
- Proficient use of Microsoft excel and creation and utilization of databases.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) preferred
- Knowledge of Global compensation pay structures, laws and regulations
- Experience in the oil and gas industry and working with all levels of leaders and employees
- Experience with Technician and Rotator compensation
- Experience with Mercer's Career Framework
- Experience with PeopleSoft Compensation
- Experience with HRSoft's CompView - manager compensatoin planning module
- Experience with Payfactor's MarketPay survey management softward
- Ability to understand and work in matrixed global organization
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
How To Apply
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job postings. Please discuss your interest in the position with your current manager/supervisor prior to submitting your completed application. It is highly recommended to apply through the PeopleSoft or Oceanet portals.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.