Austin, Texas, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Join our Turbomachinery Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
The Gear Repair Specialist will primarily be focused on machining and repairing of power transmission gear boxes.
As a Gear Repair Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and use mechanical and/or digital measurement tools such as a tape measure, micrometer, indicator, and caliper etc.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and engineering drawings
- Performing mathematical calculations commonly used in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiently and safely operate manufacturing equipment such as horizontal and vertical lathes, grinders, boring mills, key seaters, gear cutting equipment, etc. and /or tear down, diagnose, assemble, test, and repair products common to the industries where the business is active.
- Assemble/build crates to contain products
- Loading products onto freight carrier vehicles
- Assisting in the assembly cell pulling parts to maintain inventory levels
- Locate material and expedites part shortages within the plant
- Using small hand tools, operate material handling equipment including forklifts, cranes, hoists, skids, pallet handlers, and hand trucks or lift heavy objects by hand within applicable weight limitations
- Performing any other job duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Following all safety and quality procedures during all work operations
Fuel your passion:
To be successful in this role you will:
- High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a production / industrial environment or equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to lift, pull or push 40+ pounds
- Ability and willingness to work first, second or third shift and scheduled work days, including weekends
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, squat, and push
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment
- General knowledge of gearing and/or sykes or manual hob machine
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Multi-tasking skills to accomplish various duties
- Ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as master schedule, safety rules, operating instructions, drawings/prints and procedure manuals
- Sound judgment with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected
- Strong safety record and knowledge of safety rules and practices
- Understand concepts of rotating machinery installations and alignment and occasionally may assist with field service.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.