Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a PTW Commissioning Lead with offshore Oil and Gas commissioning experience. The location for this position will be Ingleside, TX.
"Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required"
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: The PTW Coordinator operates under the direction and authority of the Commissioning Manager and Wood HSE Manager to maintain and document all PTW's, JSEA's and any HSE issues that may arise, manage the projects PTW System and database and all permitting functions and activities for the project.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning, and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Ensure that all JSEA and PTW requests are handled properly.
- Ensure that the appropriate supervisors and involved in the process and that their approvals are secured.
- Post permits in the designated area and maintain the status boards updates.
- Ensure that any/all PTW work packs are completed properly before being presented.
- Ensure that all completed permits are properly closed.
- Notify the HSE Advisor for the facility and the Emergency Response Team of all High Risk Activities before they are going to be performed.
- Verify that the JSEA's have been updated daily.
- Maintain the PTW Database.
- Facilitate Task Risk Analysis as requested.
- Notify the Commissioning Manager and SIMOPS Coordinator of any potential SIMOP's issues.
- Monitor the PTW Technicians and SPOC's to ensure they are providing the best service possible.
- Audit permit documentation in the office and permitted jobs in the field. This includes all pertinent permit to work documentation; signed JSEA, current PTW forms and all other applicable documentation with regards to that permitted activity. Identify and document findings on the Audit Sheet and correct any deficiencies immediately.
- Maintain all audit forms, WRT Permit audits in central filing system.
- Collect all BBSM data.
- Review the BBSM data for trending and address issues in the weekly safety meeting or during the morning meetings.
- Track and trend all BBSM data for project use as well as company use (historical data).
- Present Weekly Safety Meeting Topics/Safety Alerts/Weekly BBSM Rewards/ etc. as required.
- Complete the weekly HSE status report and send to the HSE Manager with a copy to the Commissioning Manager.
- Assist or facilitate any and all incident/accident investigations under the direction of the HSE Manager.
- In the event of an incident, PTW Coordinator/ Site HSE shall immediately begin following the Wood incident/accident report procedure (WI-HSE-0011).
- Train all Wood personnel as directed by the HSE Manager utilizing the Approved Wood Training Matrix.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem-solving abilities. Excellent communication skills and team-oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of offshore O&G facilities is required including:
- Electrical-High Voltage, extensive knowledge and experience
- Process flow and process safety
- Ability to read P&ID's and One Line Drawings
- Rotating equipment
- LOTO (Lock out Tag out)
- PTW (Permit to Work)
- SIMOPS (Simultaneous Operations)
- OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926)
- OSHA Standards for General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- Construction / Commissioning Projects
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Clerical Skills
Education and Experience:
Eight (8) years minimum of responsible experience in the offshore oil and gas industry or upstream with a strong HSE background. Some college preferred, though not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Trainer Certification or other Safety Certification is a plus.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.