Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Deer Park, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Fixed Equipment Maintenance Engineer to work in our Deer Park, TX Office. Local candidates preferred - there is no relocation assistance or per diem involved.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Job Job Description / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Exhibit exceptional safety behavior meeting or exceed the company and customer safety standards
- Lead, initiate or support team with equipment Root Cause Analysis (RCA's) of any failure event or upset condition. Track recommendations and monitor for effectiveness
- Liaise with internal and external groups to ensure inspections, repairs and upgrades are on schedule and moving forward.
- Advise/make MI (Mechanical Integrity) recommendations for resource needs and actions
- This role will have the core responsibility to improve fixed equipment reliability and availability
- Approve repair and inspection plans
- Provide fixed equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, etc.) and piping technical support for multiple units within the plant
- Experience with field installation / commissioning activities for fixed equipment is preferred
- Analysis of inspection data and perform fit-for-service evaluation
- Identify critical spare parts
- Advise project team around mechanical design consideration for major projects
- Advise TAR team and units around recommendations and inspections for TAR events
- Approve repair and inspection plans
- Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations
- Broad knowledge of the application of Engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Oversee quality components for fixed equipment repairs
- Approve and make recommendations
- Indirectly support and lead inspectors
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university (Bachelor's degree)
- 3 years minimum experience
- At least one API certification in 510, 570 or 650
- Working knowledge of API and ASME codes and standards
- Experience working with inspection teams approving repair and inspection plans, inspection report approval
- SAP and GE APM experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, TEAMS, PowerPoint)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.