Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Wood is seeking a Texas Senior Schematic Design Engineer with 15+ years of relevant experience to become an integral member of our Texas Transportation Team. Ideal candidates will demonstrate expertise and strong relationships with TXDOT and Central Texas public works clients. The Senior Transportation Project Manager will manage Schematic & Environmental and PS&E design projects throughout Texas for TXDOT, municipalities, and other transportation agencies in the State.
This position requires a candidate with effective time-management, written communication, planning, organization and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has the ability to take initiative, work independently and coordinate efforts with multi-discipline teams. The candidate must possess outstanding leadership skills and have the ability to perform business development duties. The Senior Transportation Project Manager shall be a licensed Professional Engineer in Texas and possess strong relationships with TxDOT districts, toll authorities, regional mobility authorities and other local agencies.
Ideally, the position would be based out of Dallas or Houston but other locations like Austin, San Antonio, or El Paso will be considered.
Key Technical Responsibilities
- Business Development of the Schematic & Environmental, PS&E, and other transportation disciplines in Texas for TxDOT, municipalities, and other agencies
- Manage the respond to RFQs for potential projects
- Communicate and negotiate contracts with clients
- Develop project-specific service delivery strategies for Schematic & Environmental, PS&E, and other disciplines as identified.
- Develop technical teams and train and mentor key staff
- Lead, direct and supervise the project teams delivering services on complex and specialized major transportation projects per the contractual documents, TxDOT contract documents, procedures, specifications and manuals
- Provide guidance and direction as needed to the on-site project staff
- Respond to questions and concerns and ensure that all issues raised by clients (internal and external) and stakeholders are handled promptly and properly
- Oversee the project close out phase, including certificate of substantial completion, punchlist, and receipt of as - built, warrantees and manuals
- Provide design support and value engineering and constructability reviews
Key Managerial Responsibilities
- Maintain effective client relationships and leverages project experience to win work
- Lead the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQs and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output
- Accountability includes timely and satisfactory completion of Schematic & Environmental and PS&E and other services per the contractual agreements and assuring satisfactory client service
- Implement and oversee compliance with administrative and business operation activities including human resources, training programs, inventory, safety and budget monitoring
- Manage the implementation of established procedures and the implementation of preventive and corrective actions
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in engineering or related field required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Texas
- Minimum 15 years of experience working on transportation design projects, including previous experience on TxDOT and municipal transportation projects
- Demonstrated success in the delivery of transportation projects and programs
- Successful track record of being a "Seller- Doer"
- Self-starter with strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in MS Word / Excel / Outlook and project scheduling tools
- Candidates must be familiar with TxDOT procedures, specifications, test methods and project administration manuals
- Current TxDOT pre-certifications with Work Categories 3.2.1 and 4.2.1 is required
- Experience with alternative project delivery and federally funded local government projects is preferred
- Motivated to develop business from new and existing clients
- Availability to work outside normal business hours as required
- Ability to travel frequently, generally within the state of Texas
- Possess an extensive understanding of engineering and construction standards and practices
- Able to manage sub-contractors and manpower and delegate tasks to complete goals, objectives and schedules
- Skilled in client relations and customer service
- Understanding of fundamental cost accounting practices
- Excellent listening, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- Flexibility to travel to project sites for extended periods and work outside of normal business hours
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.