Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Engineer will be part of a team for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) based engineering installation activities in support of O&G and renewables projects performed with Oceaneering's Offshore Projects Group (OPG). Typical work scopes will include but not be limited to installations, light construction, diving and inspection, maintenance, and repair (IMR) work scopes. Engineering will be conducted from the United Kingdom or Norway based office with short term deployment to EMEA to support projects as required. The Project Engineer responsibilities will include technical evaluations, writing/reviewing detailed technical reports and procedures, conceptual engineering, and oversight of work performed by Installation Engineers. The Project Engineer will report to the Installation Engineering Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out tasks as assigned by the Installation Engineering Manager or by the project organization you are assigned to. Tasks will be focused on technical issues but will sometimes require administrative and project management functions.
- Work closely with Project Manager(s) and International Business Unit Leader to ensure all project objectives, schedule, deliverables, and milestones are met.
- Responsible for the installation engineering of subsea hardware, including development, evaluation, engineering, design, controls, procurement, and construction phases of project implementation in order to ensure project completion as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Performs direction and oversight of engineering task performed by the project team of Engineer(s)
- Responsible for creating and reviewing installation engineering procedures and specifications for compliance with design principles, applicable standards, and customer requirements.
- Prepares design changes, specifications, schematics, and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and assisting with vendor selection, create Scope of work for Subcontractors for Project required scopes and raise TQ's/TP's as needed.
- Review and/or conduct engineering calculations and analysis.
- Prepare installation and maintenance procedures.
- Review product designs, conducts, and attends Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
- Determines project deliverable schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project deliverables.
- Prepare presentations, articles, and technical papers.
- Interface with Document Control, Design Analyst and Design/Drafters during project work
- Interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
- Perform non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of OPG projects and subcontractors.
- Sporadic Work and travel in EMEA, both onshore and offshore, can be expected.
- This position may have supervisory responsibilities in projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Structural, Mechanical, Civil or Ocean Engineering)
- Extensive, relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Math CAD, 3D CAD, 2D AutoCAD.
- Ability to travel internationally for work scopes
- Valid driver's license
- Valid passport
- Must be able to obtain:
- Seamen's book
- Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Experience in vessel mobilizations and installation of subsea hardware and umbilical/flowline using ROV/divers
- Prior experience working Internationality
- Experience with conflict resolution and change management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to draft reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, analytical geometry, calculus, probability, and statistics.
- Ability to apply these concepts to engineering applications including but not limited to statics, dynamics, solid mechanics, strength of materials, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, structural design, mechanical design, and electrical design.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ensures that essential information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
This position is considered 80% OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
This position is considered 20% OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels, and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
Work locations could include onshore base/Client locations as well as working from home.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.