Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is a large engineering consulting firm with offices in 60 countries. We are currently hiring a Junior/Intermediate Receptionist/Office Administrator to join our group in Vancouver, BC.
This is a 1 year + posiiton with the posibility of long term/permanent employment.
This role has overall responsibility for providing general reception and administrative support. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Effectively and professionally greet and communicate with all visitors and employees to the office
- Providing general administrative assistance to the office; including but not limited to data entry, filing, photocopying, scanning
- Receive, direct, and relay telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, correspondence and maintain logs
- Register and direct visitors to appropriate area/person
- Issue and maintain record of local visitor passes
- Serve as a point of contact for various inquiries
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in a Office Environment providing Reception/admin support
- Experience in using a multiple phone line system
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Minimum two years of general office/clerical experience.
- High school diploma
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.